I am pleased to announce a Seminar on "How to Apply MSMA2 in
KL & Selangor?" at IEM, PJ on 11 April 2014.
This Seminar is designed specifically for engineers who do drainage
design works in and around Kuala Lumpur and the surrounding areas
Seminar Title: "How to Apply MSMA2 in KL & Selangor?"
Date: 11 April, 2014 (Friday)
Time: 830 am to 5 pm
Venue: IEM, Petaling Jaya
Print out the brochure, fill it and fax if back to us:
Call me now at 012-710 2620 if you have any question!
The Seminar will reveal interesting findings from our research work
concerning changes in MSMA2 that affect the design in these
1. The design storm has increased by up to 126% for 10 out of the
14 stations in Kuala Lumpur.
2. The design discharge using the Rational Method has gone up by up
to 131% for commercial and city area.
3. The peak discharge using the Time-Area Method has increased by
4. The Site Storage Requirement for OSD for a factory site has
increased by 190%.
5. The volume of detention basin for a site has increased by up to
6. The volume of a wet sediment basin has increased by 165%.
7. The requirement to provide rainwater harvesting according to the
procedure outlined in MSMA2.
The benefits of attending the Seminar are as follows:
1. You will find out about important changes and new requirements
in MSMA2 that affect drainage design in KL & Selangor.
2. We will show you a different approach of computing OSD using
MSMA2 that will reduce the storage significantly compared to the
Approximate Swinburne’s Method in MSMA2.
3. We will show you a proposed system that combines both rainwater
harvesting and OSD for typical houses which will optimise the total
4. You will get special tips from the expert and receive powerful
tools that will make your design more cost effective.
5. You will get MSMA2 spreadsheets worth a total of RM2,380 for
6. You will gain 6 CPD hours by BEM while learning about MSMA2.
Signup now for the Seminar by completing and faxing the attached
The brochure and registration form can also be downloaded
Call me now at 012-710 2620 if you have any question.
Ir. Dr. Quek Keng Hong